Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 08:56:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Modesmixer2 with Raspberry Pi 3 works well

Started by LFKA, March 27, 2016, 07:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LFKA

Hi All,

I asked whether there was already testing with raspberry P3 ( 64 bits) ?

I waiting my P3 for test

version for Raspberry Pi3 has not been tested because I don't have this version of computer. It is possible that it will not work. Please check, if the program runs in Rpi3 at all.

Raspberry Pi3 Jessie: modesmixer2_rpi3_jessie_test_20160119.tgz https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79709204/MM2/20160119/Rpi3/modesmixer2_rpi3_jessie_test_20160119.tgz

from Sergey
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
after new test today on my rpi 3 'modesmixer2_rpi3_jessie_test_20160119.tgz' Work fine

Best regards

Patrick  ;)
RTL sdr,dump 1090, modesmixer2,planeplotter, radarbox .......

lucaberta

Bonjour Patrick,

I have refreshed my install and changed to the newly received Pi3 with the FlightAware stick.

I have installed dump1090-mutability, FlightAware client and am using modesmixer2 for the Pi3, but somehow I cannot see the map.

I also get Lat: NaN°  Lon: NaN°,  Dist: NaN nmi on the bottom line, though the coordinates seems to be correctly set in the command line, I did not change anything from the old Pi2 configuration. The METAR and TAF for the local airport are shown correctly.

Can you confirm that you see the map correctly?

Bye, Luca

LFKA

Bonjour Luca,

on my Rpi3 jessie I have dump1090 and modesmixer2 .
the map web page work for me.

if you have the plane top left, refresh the web page and normally it works.

Best regards

Patrick
RTL sdr,dump 1090, modesmixer2,planeplotter, radarbox .......

AVDB

What's the CPU usage like with dump1090 and modesmixer2 running?
I'm wondering if the RPi3 would manage 2 streams (AIS + ADSB)/SDRs simultaneously and not peg the CPU.