Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 12:18:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Kinetic

Started by corsa, April 21, 2016, 09:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsa

Mike

I saw this on the Mode S group emails yesterday, where a person has been trying to contact Kinetic Avionics

It would appear he has been trying nearly a week to no avail, saying that no one answers the phone and when
the phone does ring a couple times it's cut off.  Others are saying the same. This is what you were saying yesterday on the chat box.....

do you think they have called it a day given the rise of the Pro sticks and Dongles at a lot lower cost ?

Tom

Anmer

Quote from: corsa on April 21, 2016, 09:17:43 AM
do you think they have called it a day given the rise of the Pro sticks and Dongles at a lot lower cost ?

I really don't know.  I just phoned the Contact number on the Kinetic website - 0208 343 0333 -  it rang just once and the call was disconnected.

Next I tried Taylor Made RF Limited on 0207 097 1388.  It just rang and rang until I gave up.  No voicemail.

So it's anyone's guess if Kinetic and/or TMRF have called it a day.  Chris used to call me at least once a week for a catchup but I haven't heard from him since January.

The DVB-T SDRs must represent stiff competition, especially the Pro Stick being sold at cost by FlightAware.  And I suspect we'll see more innovations from FlightAware, FR24 and Plane Finder in the coming months.

Kinetic built a quality receiver but, for the masses, low price is a key differentiator and the commercial tracking companies are buying thousands of receivers and driving a hard bargain.

I hope Kinetic hasn't thrown in the towel, but it's not helping itself with "empty" countdown clocks and unanswered phone calls.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Update.

I just found a different contact number for TMRF Limited - 01923 884670

Chris Taylor answered immediately and he's still there, operating as normal.

TMRF is Kinetic's Worldwide Distributor but also sells lots of other things including radios, antennae and accessories.  Unfortunately Chris wasn't able to tell me anything about the Trilby Hat.
Here to Help.