Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:24:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Basestation freezing and multiple files all messed up

Started by Danny, February 12, 2017, 11:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny

Hi all

My name is Danny and i have had an sbs for years, i live in Leeds. I recently had help from Mike remotely to update my sbs which was very out of date and i had the logo flag column added and i have been adding logos as they needed doing, all was working fine until last night but this morning whenever i click an aircraft in the list the whole thing freezes and stops and wont come back to life. I tried deleting all logos from that folder in kinetic in c drive and re installing them, still the same but i lost my icon for the sbs on my desktop, i managed to get it back but i now have many duplicated files which looks a mess, everything is mixed up. The sbs still now freezes whenever i tap an aircraft to edit its details. Ive absolutely no idea what to do next

Can anyone help me sort it ?

Danny

Ospreyv22

Hi Danny,

This solution could work or give it a try.
Delete the lot but start by backing up your SQB.
Before you reinstall go to Local c and make a folder called Basestation, (not in programme files)
Then reinstall the programme making sure you direct everything to the folder you have just made.
LOCAL C, BASESTATION
This was the way that i had to get around a few things some time ago.

Regards

Ian

Danny

Hi

Sorry dont have the confidence or knowledge to do that, Its a right mess am thinking i may just have to leave it and use fr24 which is sad as i do like my sbs

Regards

Danny 

Ospreyv22

Dont give up Danny,

All you have to do is go to START, then click on my computer, then click on Local C drive,
and add a new folder and call it Basestation,
Then load the sbs disk if yo have it still and instead of it just loading on your pc watch the prompt box,s and send all the files to the file you have just made, Local C, Basestation.  ;)

Smudger98

Quote from: Danny on February 12, 2017, 12:48:06 PM
Hi

Sorry dont have the confidence or knowledge to do that, Its a right mess am thinking i may just have to leave it and use fr24 which is sad as i do like my sbs

Regards

Danny

Danny it may be worth booking a remote access session with Anmer (the boss) if he agrees, but in the mean time back up the SQB file for basestation (recommended a regular exercise anyway), I do know that he is away at the Mo - but don't lose hope just yet..

Have you tried to run a program called BMPCHK ? it shows any errors in the operator flag file. Sometimes a downloaded flag can be the wrong size or format for basestation, its quite safe and cant break anything but will show any probs..

A free download from this site...
http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item95
Tomorrow is not Guaranteed  - So make the most of to-day !!!
SBS-1 User and a Tecno Numpty !!

Danny

Thanks Guys

I have just unplugged and taken out the sbs aerial lead out of the computer for an hour and replugged it all in and it seems to be behaving itself now. It isnt freezing when i click on an aircraft like before. I have emailed Anmer to see if he would be willing to look at it again later. Fingers xd it was a glitch and not a big issue

Rgds

Danny