Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 02:10:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Windows 10

Started by Turbo68, March 25, 2017, 01:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turbo68

I am runing it with windows xp which works fine but doesnt work on windows 10 does anyone have any suggestions to install comports as my comport list is blanks thanks.

Regards Lino.

mhm

May be a driver issue. Check out the link for software and drivers.

http://www.gns-gmbh.com/index.php?id=117&L=1
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

IanH

I tried the very similar MicroADSB stick on Windows 10 today. No need for a driver since Windows 10 recognised it when I plugged it in.

It was there in Device Manager indicating the COM port to use. If it isn't showing in Device Manger, try a different USB port.

Turbo68

I have still nothing showing i even left the laptop to search for a driver automatically still couldnt find nothing spent hours trying to get it going with no luck but on windows xp works fine have contacted gns havent heard nothing yet.

Regards Lino.

mhm

Does anything work on usb?

If not go into setting and check its not disabled.
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

IanH

No point in letting Windows look for driver when you can load it yourself.

But first the system has to have found the GNS stick.

You need to look in Device Manager for unknown hardware. This is what I get:

The device outlined in red is recognised by Win10 and is my microADSB showing I can connect via COM3. Did not need to install driver.

The device outlined in blue is an SDR dongle I plugged in - Win10 doesn't know what this is so there are yellow triangles with "!" in them - that device needs a driver.

Alternatively you might see an unknown device under USB controllers (outlined in purple).

If you don't see the device, adding drivers is not going to work. Drivers just make an unknown device work. They cannot make an unseen device work. if you can't see the GNS stick either it or the USB ports are not working.

If you do see an unknown device, try adding the drivers that mhm mentioned - no need for Windows to do the searching.

For more info on that take a look at the post one down from yours - I give a detailed explanation of how to find and install the device driver from the large download. The drivers are in there - just need to be found.