Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 05:05:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Ryanair Protester Stops Football Match

Started by Anmer, February 01, 2012, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Now I know why he handcuffed himself to the goalpost  :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/31/everton-manchester-city-premier-league

Never before has a Premier League match been interrupted by a middle-aged man protesting about Ryanair's recruitment policies, on the apparent basis that his daughter did not get a job with the airline. Play was suspended for four minutes while a dozen or so stewards and police officers worked out how to release him, the solution arriving when a member of groundstaff found some bolt-cutters.

Can't wait to see MO'L's response.
Here to Help.

Ian K

When I saw it on MOTD I wondered why he had done it. :o
Ian

Anmer

My Welsh blood was thinking of you until the 90th minute  :-X
Here to Help.

Ian K

That's very kind of you  :)
A draw is almost as bad as a defeat, just need to beat Man U at the weekend.
Ian

Anmer

You'll have my support against Man U.

Rumour is the Special One will be back next season?
Here to Help.

viking9

Not Michael O'Leary's reply but:

Ryanair rejects Mr Foley's claims.
European Communication Manager Daniel de Carvalho has said: 'Ryanair can confirm that this person was never directly employed by Ryanair, she was employed by Crewlink which supply contract cabin crew to Ryanair.
'Crewlink confirm that this woman failed her probation as within the first seven weeks she had a number of occasions of lateness, a large number of uncertified leave days and one occasion where she did not report for duty.
'At Ryanair we maintain very high standards of professionalism among our cabin crew and people who are unwilling to work hard or turn up for work will not continue to be employed either by Ryanair or by any of our contractors.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2094779/Fan-handcuffs-goalpost-Everton-v-Man-City-match-Ryanair-protest.html#ixzz1lANmibzK
Tom