Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 11:59:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Basestation SQB File with VRS and report writer plugin

Started by Paul1, January 18, 2018, 06:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul1

Hi there

I wonder if anyone can help me find an updated SQB file for my RTL 1090 USB Dongle, I am running VRS pulling information from my own feed as well as as using a feed from ADSB Exchange, looking at the departure airport and arrival airport part within my VRS some of the information has populated but some of it has blanks so my question is am I using the right SQB file one pulled from Kenetics website or is there a more up to date SQB that someone can either point me in the right direction of or possibly email over to me.

or is it the case of just letting things populate on VRS and things will then be remembered, also does anyone use the reports plug in if so can anyone let me know how to run the reports for my local airport over a set period of time

Regards
Paul

Anmer

Welcome.

What sqb file did you get from the Kinetic site?  Do you have the link?

I don't recall Kinetic making available a pre-populated sqb file, except in SBS-Resources.  And that didn't have any route information.
Here to Help.

Paul1

Sorry that's correct I've just double checked and it was indeed from SBS Resources, out of interest also I've downloaded ADU lite from Gatwick Aviation to populate things but can see it only works with the SBS base station software so here's another two questions:-

I believe that Basestation can work with the 1090 Software does anyone know how to do this, also has anyone found a work around ADU lite so that it works with the dongles if anyone has could/would you be willing to help get things running if possible please

Regards
Paul

Triple7

I don't use VRS so I can't comment about that software.

Please have a look at this thread:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,8102.msg36660.html#msg36660

You can certainly take a feed from a dongle and transcode it so the output can be displayed in BaseStation. Using a basestation.sqb file and ADL - Active Display Lite (not ADU lite) you can have your sqb file updated in real time.

PlaneBase and PlanePlotter both offer the option to download an updated basestation.sqb file.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Paul1

Thanks Triple 7

Out of interest when I've downloaded the basestation software I believe that there's some .dll files missing from the download (this is the first time of trying to do this), would it be possible to get the .dll files from yourself if possible please so that I can try and get this up and running this evening if possible using the other thread that you mentioned.

Triple7

Hi Paul,

Sorry I was busy yesterday evening.

As far as I am aware a "full installation" download of BS gives you all you need. The drivers you are referring to are the ftd2xx.dll drivers. They are contained in the BS package as CDM2084_Setup.exe. You need to run that to install the dll. There is probably a newer version now so you can always search for those, but maybe try with the one that comes with the BS package and see how yuo get on.

Tim

Anmer

Quote from: Triple7 on January 19, 2018, 08:03:29 AM
They are contained in the BS package as CDM2084_Setup.exe. You need to run that to install the dll.

To run the exe, find it using Windows Explorer and double click on it.  It should open a CMD window and run the install.
Here to Help.

Paul1

Hi Tim

I've just done as you aid and for some reason its still coming up with the same thing unfortunately I am now snookered, would it be possible if you are able to do a TeamViewer session with me this evening at all so that I can sort this out together if you are free of course. Please let me know if you are able to help in this at or if any other member is able to help in this matter then I would be appreciative of this

Regards
Paul 

Anmer

Are you getting any error messages and at what stage?

Do a search for the ftd2xx.dll file.  It may be in a different folder to the one in which you're launching the BaseStation.exe.
Here to Help.

Paul1

Hi Anmer

No there are no error messages coming up when I install BS I let that install then once I've installed that I then run the file that Tim mentioned which installs correctly then I go to open the BS software and that's when the messages come up saying that that file that I've just installed isn't there for some reason, or do I have to run another programme first before launching BS

Regards
Paul

Anmer

Did you try this suggestion?

Do a search for the ftd2xx.dll file.  It may be in a different folder to the one in which you're launching the BaseStation.exe.
Here to Help.

Paul1

Anmer

Copy it to the folder in which you have the BaseStation.exe that you're launching.
Here to Help.

Paul1

Ah thanks for that  Anmer I'll try that when I get back home once I've done that what else do I need to do which programme do I launch first ??

Triple7

Quote from: Paul1 on January 19, 2018, 12:00:12 PM
which programme do I launch first ??

I think one thing that would be helpful is if you can describe the software you are using to decode the information the dongle is receiving - does VRS do that? You are going to need to be able to get ModeSMixer2 to pick up that feed so it can transcode it to sbs format. You could consider using ModeSDeco2 to do that, but that might not suit your requirements with VRS and ADSB Exchange.

ModeSDeco2 can output the data in sbs format, so you'd start that first, to receive the off air messages your dongle is receiving, then run BaseStation and then run ADL.

Please come back with a bit more info on the front end decoding software so we can hopefully guide you through it.

I'm sorry, I don't do Teamviewer sessions principally because I don't want to be responsible for messing up someone's functioning PC. What I do to my own system is my problem but I'm very nervous about leaving someone without a functioning system because of something I might have done.

Tim