Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 09:59:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ADSB on a phone?

Started by KeithH, March 27, 2018, 08:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithH

Has anyone tried this product?  Found it on the Android/Google Play app on the phone.

Apparently it uses the normal dongle type receiver with a USB convertor to attach to a phone.  I'm not sure if it has a BASESTATION type database for aircraft details.

Anmer

I'm not sure to which app you're referring?

Is it this one?

http://hiz.ch/index.php/home/adsb-receiver

If it is, I don't see any database of aircraft and all you see it the hex code and decoded data.  No owner, registration or aircraft type.  And outside of the USA you need to be online to get a (Google) map.

Personally, I don't see how it adds value.
Here to Help.

KeithH

oops, sorry, I left out the link...

http://www.radarworkx.com/

It's on the Android store as "RADAR STICK - ADSB RECEIVER" but you have to purchase the hardware separately.

Keith

mhm

Why pay out for an item like that when you can download adsb echange free and have military on free
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

KeithH

Quote from: mhm on March 27, 2018, 10:36:31 AM
Why pay out for an item like that when you can download adsb echange free and have military on free

I do use "adsbexchange" whilst connected to the internet alongside the occasional FR24 (for the alerts).  I also take my Puck away with me with full Basestation.sqb.  This APP though also works whilst offline (apparently).  So, I was thinking for easy spotting whilst away from the internet without incurring data charges.

Keith

Anmer

Thanks for the link Keith.

I assume the app "ships" with a database of aircraft.  One of the screenshots shows Ryanair and easyjet aircraft with registrations, type and hex codes.  We have no idea how extensive this database is or if it can/will be updated.  One of the USPs is not needing Internet access, so I'm guessing the app installs a database too.

There is a free demo app.  The app licence and SDR package sells for US$29.99.  If you use your own SDR, such as a Pro Stick, a licence fee is required to use the software.  Not sure what this costs.

The app gets only 3.6 stars on Google Play.
Here to Help.

KeithH

Thanks, Yes I was wondering if anyone had tried it as the Android store has some negative comments.  It would be interesting and more convenient and a lot lighter than a laptop.

Radio2.0

Is there an open, free one who share to Data just to an IP who on the other end a VRS could be? There are some Air Shows who it would be nice to share.  ;D
>>> I looking for People who want exchange the VRS Data with me. <<<
I life near LOWW / VIE and see Ground Traffic too.