Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 05:32:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeS2Deco doesn’t want to load

Started by Paul1, September 12, 2018, 06:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul1

Hi all

I hope that you'll be able help with a problem that I have I use to run ModeS2Deco after following instructions on this section but after trying to go through the same installation process again after reloading windows 10 I've ran in to the problem of ModeS2Deco not wanting to start even though I've edited the batch file saved it to my desktop as an icon etc done the tools folder and everything else that the thread asks me to do, so I'm thinking either I'm missing something. Would anyone be willing to help me out with a TeamViewer session to see if I'm missing anything or would Mode2mixer be my next option in this case if Mode2Deco doesn't want to work. BTW is there a newer version of Mode2Deco ??

Thanks
Paul

IanH

Latest version of ModeSDeco2  for Windows is 29 April 2018

http://xdeco.org/?page_id=30#md2

Suggest that you post the batch file here so we can see if anything is wrong.

To start with, what happens if you try to run modeSDeco2.exe in the batch file without any parameters? Do you get the help screen?

Paul1

Hi Ian

Thanks for the reply I've inserted two snippets one of what I've found in a thread on here that tells me what needs deleting and also a photo of whats already in the file

am I right in thinking that this should go in to a separate file at all either on the desktop or in the tools folder that I have created, I am sure that I have got it right but jut don't understand why it is happening when I have it working before

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

IanH

I'm only seeing the picture of what you have in the batch file:

Try leaving out the --device-index 0 parameter. That is only required if you are running more than one dongle and is used to identify which one.

So it looks like this:

@echo off
cmd /c modesdeco2.exe --gain 49.6 --freq-correction 64 --sbs10001 10001
PAUSE
exit

See if that works. Looks like you are sending the data to BaseStation with that command.

If it still does not work, ultimate test is to try:

@echo off
cmd /c modesdeco2.exe
PAUSE
exit

which should show the help screen.

Paul1

Hi Ian

Sorry that I haven't replied to the thread for awhile I did try what you suggested to no avail is there any other way in which I can use the likes of Dump1090 to feed basestation or is it just Modes2deco that can do it

Regards
Paul