New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please contact

info@radarspotting.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2019, 05:55:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 4926
  • Latest: wayward
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 61
Total: 67

Silhouettes, Profiles and Operator Logos

If you're looking for a bulk download, we have nearly 48,000 aircraft silhouettes, profiles and operator logos available in bmp file format, 85x20 pixels. You can find all the Zip files here.  

And you can request new logos or silhouettes in the the Logo section - Ian K, Paulm, Steve Hibberd, Mustang51, Chris Alder, s92driver and Simon Brooke.  Latest Additions

Author Topic: What exactly have Air Nav done, post ST launch, to fix known bugs?  (Read 40960 times)

Online Anmer

• Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dc9f71bdeab3717fb5981b753fe7278f&action=treasury
Re: What exactly have Air Nav done, post ST launch, to fix known bugs?
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2012, 09:59:35 am »
Interesting post today:

"I have kept quite about this subject but now i see some familiar names posting and leaving i will add my few words.

When i got my AN some years ago there were people moaning on the forum and being banned by AN. I was a newby and said give AN a chance they will come through in six months.

Years later nothing has changed wih AN threatening to ban people who are annoyed at its failure to provide even the basic support by removing bugs.

Sorry AN your customer support stinks.

ALL I WANTED WAS MY BUGS FIXED.

THANKS TO ALL THE GUYS WHO HAVE PUT THERE TIME INTO MAKING THE DATA UPTO DATE."

I and a few others, notably DaveReid, were banned from the AirNav forum some time ago for challenging AirNav's claims and promises of jam tomorrow.  It's good to know that we've been vindicated.  ;)

But what makes me smile the most is the subsequent post by AirNav:

"We are disappointed with ourselves reading the recent comments, we are a company which prides itself on listening to its customers and that’s how version one to four has evolved.

We are determined to continue evolving the RadarBox product and we apologise for the delays in the new version. This is priority for us and we hope to soon have something which will answer the questions on the forum rather than giving estimations.

We are listening we are here and we are working on new items for RadarBox."

As they say "What goes around comes around"

Nothing changes.  Challenging posters are threatened with a ban and AirNav is always listening and developing new products.  If only we customers could get to use them.

December 2012 marks the third anniversary of the most recent RadarBox software release.  I for one don't expect to see another release this side of Christmas.  Add your own year.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7206.msg84647#msg84647
  • SBS-1, SBS-1eR, SBS-3 and RadarBox
Here to Help.

Sun Worshipper

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2012, 10:22:06 am »
"We are disappointed with ourselves reading the recent comments, we are a company which prides itself on listening to its customers and that’s how version one to four has evolved.

We couldn't give a monkeys about what you've written about us, we've had you cash so it's tough titty guys.  We've conned our volunteers into creating our software for many years and hope they are all gullable for a few more to come.

We are determined to continue evolving the RadarBox product and we apologise for the delays in the new version. This is priority for us and we hope to soon have something which will answer the questions on the forum rather than giving estimations.

Well, if you are daft enough to buy a Radarbox, we figure you are daft enough to swallow our reasons for the delays.  Our priority is to screw the Virtual  Radar community out of as much coin as possible and, to that end, we will keep developing white elephants such as Ship Trax and possibly Radarbox24.com. All this will be done in the next few weeks.

We are listening we are here and we are working on new items for RadarBox."

Can someone listen from 35000ft, I don't know and frankly I couldn't care less.  As long as you believe we are listening, yah boo sucks to the lot of you.  RB24.Com will soon be coming on stream and I hope you will open your wallets to purchase one of our premier subscription packages.  Don't forget there will be a real time and delayed subscription as per Radarbox.  To keep things in line with RB, we'll still charge you a subscription even if you submit your data free to us.  Thinks that's only fair, eh guys.
 ;) ;) ;) ;)

Online Anmer

• Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dc9f71bdeab3717fb5981b753fe7278f&action=treasury
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2012, 10:33:42 am »
I met a very friendly RadarBox customer at the Newark Hamfest last week.

After he bought his RadarBox he was taken ill and was laid up for many months.  When he recovered he went to use the RadarBox again and thought it was broken as he couldn't see any network traffic.  His first 12 month's free delayed network had expired.

When he contacted AirNav he discovered, for the first time, that he had to pay to continue receiving network traffic.  He wasn't too pleased to be asked for Euros 60 or Euros 120 for 12 months network.

He also told me that he'd been informed that there was a limit to the amount of time he could use the network each month.  I hadn't heard of this before and can't verify it.  Does anyone else know about this?

By the way, the gentleman left the Hamfest with a shiny new SBS-3.
Here to Help.

Sun Worshipper

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2012, 12:52:25 pm »
He also told me that he'd been informed that there was a limit to the amount of time he could use the network each month

A new one to me too.  Maybe what we take for granted as unlimited use is actually a variation of a phone companies unlimited use policy!

When this is confirmed, can I have the full details for my dossier?

Muchas

Offline Donnie Head

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2012, 02:22:43 pm »
I'm one of the ones who has been band for life in the last few weeks by Air Nav for telling them how I feel about there product and customer service.

Donnie  ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:24:34 pm by Anmer »
  • SBS-3,Plane Plotter,FR24
Donnie

Online Anmer

• Administrator
  • Top Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2012, 02:25:11 pm »
Welcome to the elite club Donnie.  8)
Here to Help.

Offline Donnie Head

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2012, 03:40:21 pm »
Thanks Anmer------it nice to be in this elite group of folks.

Donnie
  • SBS-3,Plane Plotter,FR24
Donnie

Sun Worshipper

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2012, 04:45:05 pm »
Sadly, it's quite a large, elite club and getting larger by the day.

In the land of the free, democracy and free speech only apply if you praise the product.  Must also apply in Portugal!

ps Welcome to the club.

Offline mhm

• Top Poster
    • Airradiouk
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2012, 06:38:09 pm »
I wonder which has banned the most ?
Airnav or Radarspotters dan the ban
  • Kinetic SBS1, Kinetic Puck, Airnav Radar Box, Feeding Live Military
Mike
You can die of the cure before you die of the illness

Online Anmer

• Administrator
  • Top Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2012, 08:25:59 am »
With continued disquiet from its forum members (all of whom are customers) AirNav has responded with the usual diatribe, accusing them of being "trolls" and "having interests elsewhere".

For those who may be new to this hobby, back in 2009 I questioned some of AirNav's claims (none of which proved to be accurate).  In response I was accused by AirNav and Waters & Stanton of working for Martin Lynch & Sons and Kinetic Avionics.

As this wasn't the case, I asked both AirNav and Waters & Stanton to either substantiate the allegation or withdraw it.  All I got in return were threats, personal abuse and being banned from the AirNav forum.

I own a RadarBox and none of my posts broke the so-called "Forum Rules".  And from what I can see, none of the others who were banned broke these rules either.  All we did was to challenge AirNav and seek honest answers.

So AirNav, stop trying to fob us all off with excuse after excuse.  Forget new features, just fix the RadarBox bugs.  You've had nearly three years so time can't be the excuse

As for new features, I don't think anyone believes you can come up with any, especially Mlat which you said you could do years ago.

The bottom line is your credibility is shot and those who supported you when others were exposing your lies have now admitted defeat.  These aren't "trolls".  These are long-standing customers each with hundreds of forum posts going back many years.  You banned the "trolls" years ago!

I can't wait to see how the few remaining acolytes react when the "new project" is released.

"Right a few posts are getting out of control and a some misinformation is being passed around.

Let just make this clear we never ban users on this forum if they have genuine issues are following the forum rules.  You will also be amazed to find out how many users on this forum aren't customers at all yet they get involved in these posts and cause a lot of trouble because they have interests elsewhere away from our company and get very excited when these posts emerge. In a lot forums they are regarded as Internet trolls, please be aware of this before you pass judgement on us.

We won't go into detail about Lou's issue, but we have explained to him that no one else is seeing the issue and its related to his Internet connection. (Lou if you want to continue the discussion about that please do on the ShipTrax forum or via email). The rest please don't suddenly jump on this bandwagan, ShipTrax went through a prolonged beta phase and is a respected product in the community.

Finally if you want the post about the progress etc feel free however please understand this forum is place for discussion not abuse either."

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7206.msg84683#msg84683
Here to Help.

Online Anmer

• Administrator
  • Top Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2012, 08:30:21 am »
Reply from a long-standing RadarBox customer with 671 forum posts.  Is he a "troll" with "interests elsewhere"?  I think not.  Will he be banned too?

"The only problem is AirNav, you've had so so so many opportunities to stop the bandwaggon, park it and throw the key away....................

You may want to make reference to "non-users" causing unrest on here, but if you look back over this thread you'll notice its littered with posts from some real longstanding members, not to mention some basically throwing the towel in.
The fact that these guys , myself included , have to keeo coming on here to voice our disappointment says it all for me.

As for "abuse"....................I haven't really noticed anything abusive on this thread? Possibly only our interest as long standing customers and members of this forum, trying to gain an honest assessment of how we can take our use of the product further, and more importantly, to make judgement on if it's worth ploughing the best part of half a grand into buying a product that is adequately supported by the people who take the money, and NOT a team of volunteers."
Here to Help.

Online Anmer

• Administrator
  • Top Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2012, 09:08:52 am »
Just to illustrate why we can't trust AirNav's announcements:

Post by Tarbat (well respected RadarBox user and beta tester):

"Back on topic.  Looking forward to beta testing v4.04.  AirNav, any estimate when we can expect a beta release for testing?"

Subsequent post by AirNav:

".........4.04 is being tested by certain users at the moment regarding the equator bug, this is a serious bug and we are rectify the issues being found by those customers first and then moving on to the others."

I thought I saw a post some months back that the "equator bug" had been fixed and was being tested by "equatorially located" recipients of the Free RadarBox?

Update:

Found the post.  The "Equatorial Black Hole Bug" was first reported in July 2010, over two years ago.  On 06 June 2012 AirNav announced it had fixed the bug.  Now it says it's still being tested?  That's 4 months of inconclusive testing?  Nah.  More excuses.  AirNav couldn't organise a *iss up in a brewery let alone manage software development from 36,000 feet.

http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,860.msg4201.html#msg4201

"We have good news to our users near the Equator. We've corrected the equator reception bug on the RadarBox software-

We would ask our users that are located closed to the Equator (between Latitudes North 5 and South 5) to send an email to our support@airnavsystems.com so we could have you trying the new fix.
When contacting us please mention your city/country and unit serial number."

So what's the plan now, fix one bug at a time?  Surely Tarbat could be testing the rest of 4.04?  Or maybe it hasn't been completed?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:42:20 am by Anmer »
Here to Help.

Sun Worshipper

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2012, 09:57:58 am »
So what's the plan now, fix one bug at a time?  Surely Tarbat could be testing the rest of 4.04?  Or maybe it hasn't been completed?

Maybe it no longer exists, well, only in the mind of Mr B!

to make judgement on if it's worth ploughing the best part of half a grand into buying a product that is adequately supported by the people who take the money, and NOT a team of volunteers."

This is one of my major bug bears when it comes to Air Nav.

Online Anmer

• Administrator
  • Top Poster
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2012, 05:19:14 pm »
Here we go again.  Doesn't Brandao realise it's all down to his mismanagement and lack of project planning and control?  Excuses, excuses.

Couldn't organise a *iss up in a brewery.  I bet his competitors are laughing their socks off.

"Not as simple as that I am afraid, its due to code bases. Version 5 was being developed with new featues and those bugs fixed, it was then decided at the end of July from these threads to get these fixes in 4.04 which is a different code base, however there was instability caused as they are different code bases.

In simple terms its like designing a new car with new materials and then trying to fit those parts back into a older car. Unfourtantely due to the delays Version 5 this has caused problems, however regardless of this we are committed to both Version 5 and 4.04 and working the best we can to get something to the users as soon as possible. "

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7206.msg84694#msg84694
Here to Help.

Offline Brian

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2012, 05:43:47 pm »
It's very sad on how AirNav Systems company is operating this year. :(
Just wonder how the company will operate in year 2013.  If the company even makes it to that year! ! !