Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 05:36:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

BS ACARS Aircraft List

Started by Anmer, June 26, 2012, 03:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Stuart (aka acarslogger) has produced a beta application called BS Acars Aircraft List that works with the SBS-3 ACARS decoded data and interacts with the Basestation.sqb database.

Full details and where to download can be found on the Kinetic forum:

http://www.kinetic.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=15417&start=0&sid=5c83635cd34c0df0d882daa00d48311f

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
Here to Help.

Anmer

Here to Help.

Anmer

Version 0.09 now available.

"This new version will calculate any position reports received as a bearing and distance from your home location. Enter your Home Location from the Options command button.

I've tested it and most calculations seem to give accurate reports, but I'm still getting some odd-ball results (3 million miles seems a bit unlikely !) and at present I'm not sure if this the way the latitude and longitude are being extracted from the original acars message, or whether it's the way I'm converting that information into real coordinates."

http://www.kinetic.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=15417&sid=fd2c85ff369e80858e8d94b9ce81696c#p123962
Here to Help.

Anmer

Version v0.10 now released:

"Changes from previously released version (v0.09)
This new version has been tweaked to calculate additional positional data. Together with the revised BSAcarsAircraftList.ini file it should derive more position reports.

The zip files contain all the required files. For users with an existing version installed, simply replace the BSAcarsAircraftList.exe - although it may be a good idea to backup the old version just in case. The BSAcarsAircraft.ini configuration file has also been updated to refine the way my local acars messages are extracted. Assuming you haven't made any changes to your existing ini file, it's worth replacing that as well.
Remember the BSAcarsAircraft.ini file enclosed is based on my analysis of the acars messages received here in southern England.

See how it goes.

I think this will be the last version of the BSAcarsAircraftList application (unless there are any significant bugs). It's evolved over the last few versions and hopefully gives an idea of what useful data can be extracted from the acars messages received by the SBS-3. This application has always been a temporary solution / add-on and I think it's run it's course. Maybe it's now up to Kinetic to modify the Basestaton application to incorporate the data that is available in the acars messages.

Stuart"

http://www.kinetic.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=15417&sid=4fe7d8527e9803c333f3f5f1435538a9#p123996
Here to Help.

Anmer

The latest version (V0.12) is now available.

"Changes from previously released version (v0.10)
> README updated.
> Country Flags added to display. Extra input required via 'Options' to define the location of the 'countries.dat' file (usually the same location as your Basestation.sqb) and the folder containing the country bmp flags (usually BMPFlags).
> Extra column added to display messages that you consider 'Interesting'. Use the new definition format in the BSAcarsAircraftList.ini file. The example in the ini file extracts and then displays Shanwick Oceanic Clearances received here in Southern England.
> Duplicate position reports deleted.
> The temporary indicator that was added when a registration had been modified (adding a 'dash'), has been removed.
> IMPORTANT - because there are new additional columns being added to the main Aircraft List, all the current aircraft list column settings (widths, order, visiblility) will be reset back to default. Sorry."

http://www.kinetic.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=15417&sid=c54413a9c88110acbd419616b6ba679c#p124106
Here to Help.