Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 09:48:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

FR24 ditching Windows feeds

Started by Roadrunner, May 14, 2019, 07:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadrunner

I had the message from FR24 early in may to say that my Windows feed had stopped and that I need to make alternative arrangements to feed or start paying for their services. My Business plan went on for a week and then went down to Gold. I wanted to start paying for this level of service but can find no way to do so using my existing subscription. This Gold level of service has been going on since last weekend but all of a sudden today it has gone back up to Business level without me making any changes. I did ask FR24 how I can downgrade but was told to wait until the feeding had stopped for a few days and it would automatically be reset to a lower level. As mentioned above this happened for about 5-6 days, without me being able to set up payments etc. Now I am back shown as Business. What are they playing at...

SteveHibberd

Exactly the same has happened for me, mystery ??
But kinda not complaining

Anmer

Here to Help.

Roadrunner

Mike, No that link you showed was not mine.

It would appear that some Windows  ex users have got Business feed back, I'm not complaining and it is great if they will give me more free time.
Maybe the lack of any formal notification is because only selected ex feeders have been give this option.

Anmer

Quote from: Roadrunner on May 15, 2019, 06:00:08 AM
Maybe the lack of any formal notification is because only selected ex feeders have been give this option.

I can't imagine FR24 granting a free, indefinite Business account to previous users of the Windows app who are no longer feeding at all.

But take it while it's there.
Here to Help.

NZ-Kiwi

It looks like anyone who had been sharing (possibly only recent(ish) sharers) have had their last upload date set to "2019-08-14 09:00:00", which will give everyone a free business account until then, after which it'll drop down the available ranks.

Am quite surprised that they did this but it is their own business and it must have made sense to them.