Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 01:32:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

RadarBox24.com Beta Launched

Started by Anmer, November 19, 2012, 10:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

It's interesting that Facebook users get these announcements but the RadarBox forum doesn't?

So where's AirNav's main focus I wonder?

Sales of RadarBox24 access and apps or RadarBox software upgrades?
Here to Help.

Brian

RB24 added the "Timeline" playback for free account users.

Anmer

I can't quite get my head around AirNav's latest claims.

It says RadarBox24 is powered by "thousands" of RadarBox receivers located all over the world".

Strangge that Flightradar24 seems to have far more aircraft from only 1,300 feeders.

But more interestingly, AirNav makes a big play of not suffering from "data inconsistencies caused from volunteer data feeders using unreliable hardware and software".  Fair enough but why then is it actively seeking data from these same "volunteer data feeders"?

I wonder how the RadarBox community will react when they see SBS-1/3, Beast and microADSB feeders getting free RadarBox24 access and other goodies while they're still waiting for the RadarBox software bugs to be fixed?

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
Here to Help.

Keef

Well spotted Anmer, it's good that you've pointed out the fallacy of their statements.

They shouldn't be allowed to make false claims and the more places it is raised the better informed potential customers are.

Cheers,

Keef.

Brian

It was posted by RB24 few days ago on March 27 at 12:49am.  Anmer is just slow posting about it few days later ;)

https://www.facebook.com/RadarBox24/posts/451865371567565

but again it's fun watching AirNav Systems play these games with other companies or users or stats.

mhm

It's about time everyone turned of their boxes and see what he has left
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Anmer

Quote from: Brian on April 01, 2013, 05:16:12 AM
Anmer is just slow posting about it few days later ;)

I didn't know there was a race?

But at least I was quicker than anyone else on here.  8)
Here to Help.

Anmer

Reading a post on the its forum today, about outstanding RadarBox software bugs, I can't help but think AirNav will have its work cut out to provide ongoing support for this and RadarBox24.

RadarBox bugs haven't been fixed for over 40 months and RadarBox24 is still in beta, 5 months since it was launched.  And AirNav is promising paid apps for iOS, Android et al and a Premium website.

With its appalling track record in supporting its flagship product, one on which RadarBox24 totally depends, I don't think I'd be too eager to spend any money on its new products, assuming they get launched.

Brandao should stick to the day job.
Here to Help.

Brian

Quote from: Anmer on April 12, 2013, 09:11:00 AM
Reading a post on the its forum
today, about outstanding RadarBox software bugs, I can't help but think AirNav will have its work cut out to provide ongoing support for this and RadarBox24.

See this thread about the questioning of long term support for RB24

Topic: Questioning Long-term AirNav Systems support for RadarBox24.com and RB24 Apps
http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,1983.0.html

Brian

I see this site has the Radarbox24.com banner on it! Took the place of the ShipTrax banner... ummm
http://www.shipspotting.com

Anmer

That website is owned by AirNav.
Here to Help.

Anmer

According to AirNav it will be launching an iOS app (iPhone/iPad) for RadarBox24 at the of June and an Android version a couple of months later.

I'm sure it means June 2013 so let's wait and see.  If it does launch the app then, it will be the first time in 4 years that AirNav's delivered on time.

Rod: we are first developing the iOS apps and after that Android. We hope to have the iOS released in the end of June and Android 1 to 2 months after that. Our intention is to have a RadarBox product available on all platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, Web and Hardware).

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7701.msg92420#msg92420
Here to Help.

Anmer

It's now 5 months since RadarBox24 was launched, powered by "10,000 RadarBoxes streaming realtime data".  And now with additional feeds from other receivers, adding 100's every week.

So where are all the aircraft?

Here to Help.

birdie

Quote from: Anmer on May 16, 2013, 12:43:48 PM
It's now 5 months since RadarBox24 was launched, powered by "10,000 RadarBoxes streaming realtime data".  And now with additional feeds from other receivers, adding 100's every week.

I had the UNFORTUNATE opportunity to test the Flightradar24 Receiver vs RadarBox side-by-side -

- both connected to the same antenna via a 1 Input to 2 Outputs Mini-Circuit Power Splitter.

"Fantastic Unique" reception was obtained from my RadarBox. Planes 50 km South-West of Natuna Island dropped off the air.

These planes still remained on Flightradar24 Receiver until 50 Km North-East of Natula Island. Natuna Island is about 50 km long.

150 km difference in range between a RadarBox and the Flightradar24 Receiver is TOO MUCH to bear.

AirNav claimed to have fixed the "Equatorial Bug" in V4.04 the sent to me. The attached Polar plot showed planes dropped from the sky between 70 Degree and 150 Degree - even though they are only 100 km from WSSS.

To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

birdie

Quote from: Anmer on May 16, 2013, 12:43:48 PM

When AirNav pissed off their customers and BANNED them from their Forum, the NATURAL thing Customers like me did was -

TURN OFF RadarBox - to deprived them from STEALING Data to feed RB24.

I have squeezed the neck of Radarbox24 by using my Radarbox as a Paper-weight.

To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !