New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please contact

info@radarspotting.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 04, 2020, 12:55:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 5588
  • Latest: jambo51
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 38
Total: 39

Silhouettes, Profiles and Operator Logos

If you're looking for a bulk download, we have nearly 60,000 aircraft silhouettes, profiles and operator logos available in bmp file format, 85x20 pixels. You can find all the Zip files here.  

For help installing these files, there's a free Guide here

And you can request new logos or silhouettes in the the Logo section - Ian K, Paulm, Steve Hibberd, Mustang51, Chris Alder and s92driver.  Latest Additions

Author Topic: ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding  (Read 345122 times)

Offline sergsero

Re: ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2015, 12:56:44 pm »
Should be something like:

./modesdeco2 ... --beast 33033 ...
and
./modesmixer2 --inConnect 127.0.0.1:33033 --outConnectUdp Port

If both programs are on the same computer. If no, that ./modesmixer2 --inConnect IP_of_modesdeco2_computer:33033 --outConnectUdp Port
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:59:04 pm by sergsero »

Offline sergsero

« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2015, 05:19:42 am »
Preparing to run the program ModeSMixer2, using the WEB functions

• Download the archive, selecting it for your operating system. In the moment for Windows it name will be modesmixer2_windows_20150xxx.zip
  • Unzip the archive to any suitable folder. As a result, in this folder there should be these files:
    LICENSE.MIT
    modesmixer2.bat
    modesmixer2.exe
    modesmixer2.txt
    modesmixer2_xp.exe
    wmm.cof
  • ModeSMixer2 can work with database, that having a structure similar to basestation.sqb and flightroute.sqb.
    If you have a file basestation.sqb, make a copy and put this copy into the folder where you placed program modesmixer2.
    Do not use your main database file basestation.sqb - make a copy of it!
  • Do the same with file flightroute.sqb.
  • This is all. As the result, the folder should contain these files needed for the program to work with WEB functions:
    basestation.sqb
    flightroute.sqb
    modesmixer2.exe
    sqlite3.dll
    wmm.cof

If desired, you can place the database files in a different location by specifying the full path to them in options --db and --frdb in command line run the program.

Example:
modesmixer2.exe --inConnect 192.168.64.170:60006 --web 8888 --db basestation.sqb --frdb flightroute.sqb --outServer msg:30003

A number of the HTTP-port (this is 8888) can be changed at your discretion. But make sure that your chosen port values do not used by other programs.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:01:15 am by sergsero »

Offline giacomo892

« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2015, 03:58:58 pm »
Thanks for your great program! I'm running it on rpi since a week but after some day of uptime I got a strange behaviour in the coverage pattern. See the attached file.

Offline sergsero

« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2015, 04:08:08 pm »
Hello giacomo892,

Yes, this is known bug in that version of program.

It is due to incorrect determination of zone CPR. In the next version ModeSDeco2, which is now being finalized, it is now fixed.

Thanks,
sergsero

Offline sergsero

« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2015, 04:09:18 pm »
New test version 20150209 of ModeSMixer2:

+ fixed bug where planes from previous session continued to displayed on Google map after restart of the program

+ fixed error when the value MHdg could exceed 359°

+ resumed functionality of reverse coding MSG2RAW, again available mode --globes, when the source data in MSG format

+ positioning of Google maps when you first start program makes in area of aircraft location

+ fixed bug where it was required to simultaneously use both database basestation.sqb and flightroute.sqb

+ fixed bug of incorrect scaling on WEB page Charts

Thank you for testing and help to find these errors.
I would appreciate for testing this new version 20150209 and report of any errors or failures of the work - preferably with details of how and where it happened.

Thanks,
sergsero

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:01:41 am by sergsero »

Offline giacomo892

« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2015, 04:56:11 pm »
Hello giacomo892,

Yes, this is known bug in that version of program.

It is due to incorrect determination of zone CPR. In the next version ModeSDeco2, which is now being finalized, it is now fixed.

Thanks,
sergsero

Many thanks for your effort!

Offline MrParanoia

« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2015, 10:13:59 pm »
New test version 20150209 of ModeSMixer2:

I would appreciate for testing this new version 20150209 and report of any errors or failures of the work - preferably with details of how and where it happened.

Thanks,
sergsero

Hi Sergsero

Tested and working well - I have attached screenshots from WEB interface

1 question - should there be a Distance histogram and Polar coverage plot on the chart tab (like in ModeSDeco2)? - as this is missing from mine.  I have tried adding --location argument in the .bat file but this returns "unrecognised option" 

Also I only ran it for a 3 minute test period but the command window was still trying to Close DB Session 9 minutes later so did not reach the shutdown command.  A 2nd test (again 3 minutes) and it closed the database within seconds.  Edit: A 3rd test (20 hours) and database closed within seconds again

Thanks again
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:13:09 pm by MrParanoia »
  • FA Prostick & Filter > Rasp Pi3 > ModeSMixer2 > GlobeS RTL1090 & Basestation, Radarbox 3D (not in use)

Offline sergsero

« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2015, 10:17:25 am »
Test version ModeSDeco2 20150214

+ added option "--db /path/to/*.sqb" for use aircraft database in Sqlite3 format, coinciding with the basestation.sqb, for example: --db C:\Tmp\basestation.sqb. If this file is in the same directory from which you'll run the program, the path can be omitted.
  To work with database the file sqlite3.dll should be in the same directory from which you'll run the program.

Notice! After putting command <Control-C> for stop the program, be sure to wait for save all data to the database file!
  The console will display a special message about. Depending on number of observed aircraft the time for safely save data to database can be up to one minute.

+ added option "--frdb /path/to/*.sqb" for use flight routes database in Sqlite3 format, coinciding with the flightroute.sqb, for example: --db C:\Tmp\flightroute.sqb. If this file is in the same directory from which you'll run the program, the path can be omitted.

+ added option --silhouettes /path/to

+ added option --pictures /path/to

+ added functionality, that computes magnetic declination by WMM2015 model. For correct calculation of Magnetic Declination file wmm.cof should be in the same directory from which you'll run the program.

+ added filters, which provide error correction of display aircraft trails on map, if possible. When signal is interrupted, this segment of the trails will be shown by the dotted line.

+ fixed some bugs of CPR decoding, when there is no data about coordinates of the station.

+ improved data decoding from register BDS 6,2 (Target State and Status (TSS) of information MCP/FCU Selected Altitude or FMS Selected Altitude. Separately display FMS information from aircrafts with transponder ver.2.

+ added data decoding and displays information, if transmitted, about status: AutoPilot (AP), Vertical Navigation (VNAV), Altitude Hold (AHOLD), Approach (APPR).

+ added indication about presence of TCAS (ACAS) system and type of its output messages: advisory air traffic information (TA), or recommendations for the prevention of collision (RA).

+ getting squawk from aircrafts with transponder ver.1, for example, Boeing 788 or Boeing 748, when no selective interrogator (Mode S) in the FIR.

+ color scheme of aircraft trails was moved to color as VRS (for uniformity of perception). Added detection of touchdown point (or liftoff) on runway, which is marked by changing the color of the trajectory (from yellow to black).

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:02:26 am by sergsero »

Offline Carlos

« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2015, 04:49:00 pm »
Hi Sergsero,

Hopefully you can help me some more as I'm still stuck trying to get ModesDeco2 to work. I am using your software from 20150106 as you previously advised. I copied it to my desktop and had to add in rtlsdr.dll to the folder. I run the exe(modesdeco2.exe) then open my sbs basestation. I have set the basestation datasource to Network and changed the hardware networks settings address from 127.0.0.1 to my pcs ip address.

However I keep getting the error 'Unable to connect to SBS-1 socket'.

Do you know what I may be doing wrong?

Hope you can help.

Best Regards

Carl
  • SBS-1

Offline sergsero

« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2015, 05:16:48 pm »
Hi Carl,

Please, write here the full your command line (with --options) for running modesdeco2.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:31:57 pm by sergsero »

Offline Carlos

« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2015, 05:39:16 pm »
Hi Sergio,

I have attached an image of this.

Thanks

Carl
  • SBS-1

Offline sergsero

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2015, 06:11:24 pm »
Hi Carl,

To understand the cause of your problem I need to see which options you used for run the program. The screenshot does not give this information.

To create an output data stream in format of SBS RAW, you need to specify it via the appropriate option --sbs10001 10001.

Command-line represents something like:

Code: [Select]
C:\modesdeco2 --gain 49.6 --freq-correction 46 --location 52.38:-1.25 --web 8888 --db D:\temp\dbase\basestation.sqb --frdb D:\temp\dbase\flightroute.sqb --silhouettes D:\temp\images\silhouettes --pictures D:\temp\images\pictures --sbs10001 10001
Even better, if you create a bat file with this line inside and make a shortcut on your desktop to start (for last version 20150214):
@echo off
cmd /c  modesdeco2.exe --gain 48.0 --freq-correction 46 --location 52.38:-1.25 --web 8888 --db D:\temp\dbase\basestation.sqb --frdb D:\temp\dbase\flightroute.sqb --silhouettes D:\temp\images\silhouettes --pictures D:\temp\images\pictures --sbs10001 10001
PAUSE
exit

It seems to me that you just run the modesdeco2.exe file in your console (cmd) without specifying any options...

Thanks,
sergsero

Russian forum: http://forum.adsbradar.ru/f39/konsolnaya-programma-modesdeco-dlya-mode-s-1393/ and
http://forum.adsbradar.ru/f25/adsbsender-priem-peredacha-raw-avr-dannyh-po-tcp-dlya-linux-1025/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:27:19 pm by sergsero »

Offline Carlos

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2015, 06:29:44 pm »
Thanks Sergio.

I have created a bat file as you suggested. When I run it I get an error as follows:

2015-02-16 18:26:22.385 ERROR unrecognised option '--db'
press any key to continue . . .

Is this the problem or me not creating the batch file correctly?

Thanks

Carl
  • SBS-1

Offline sergsero

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2015, 06:35:09 pm »
If you're not using the latest version from 20150214, then remove all database and web options. Leave only required for output stream in SBS format:

@echo off
cmd /c  modesdeco2.exe --gain 48.0 --freq-correction 46 --location 52.38:-1.25 --sbs10001 10001
PAUSE
exit

The *.bat file be sure to put in the same directory where modesdeco2.exe is.

Thanks,
sergsero
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:45:38 pm by sergsero »

Offline Carlos

« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2015, 06:59:39 pm »
Hi Sergio,

this is what I am seeing now from the batch file. It still say not connected to sbs-1 on my basestation though.

Thanks

Carl
  • SBS-1