Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 02:49:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding

Started by sergsero, August 09, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Thanks.

Can you post a screen capture of the source data in the sqb file?  Showing the ModeS, ICAOTypeCode and OperatorFlagCode data fields.
Here to Help.

larsras

Except that I had the Lookup Flag enabled in VRS :-( So now I see a new plane coming in that has no Type and Registration in neither MSM nor VRS.
I use DB Browser for SQLite to look into the SQB, and I have no idea why I the other day could find the 3-4 planes data I checked in the SQB but wasn't displayed in MSM, and today I can't find other than ICAO and Country for the planes...

Anmer

Do you have only 1 x sqb file on your PC?

The starting point is making sure the sqb database has the relevant data.
Here to Help.

larsras

Right now I have one for MSM and for test, one for VRS.
Wonder whether I can set MSM to only read from the file so I can have VRS doing the updating of the same file?

sergsero

Hi Lars,

I would like to understand what could be the cause of your issue with the data.

Could you upload somewhere your basestation.sqb file and to write to my email so that I'll downloaded it and explored.
If it is possible please inform me about the url by my email (the same my nickname on gmail.com)

And please clarify are you using the Windows version 20170218?

Regards,
sergsero

larsras

Hi Sergsero

Yes I am using 20170218.

I guess the problem now is that I don't have the full details on all flights in the sqb file. So unless MSM (like VRS) does pickup missing data from the internet, then I guess I just have to figure out how to update the sqb file with the missing data (automatically).

I will have a look later today when I discover planes with missing data and grab a copy of the file you can have a look at.

br Lars

sergsero

Ok, I'll wait for the results of your investigation.

In the meantime, I have simulated a flight one of this Norwegian's aircraft (4CA5BF / EI-FHU) to fly over Siberia  :).
And information of its registration and the type is immediately displayed in the details area of modesmixer2 with my database instance.

Regards,
sergsero

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

sergsero

Hi Lars,

Thank you for your basestation.sqb file.
I tested it and sent you the results with details by email.

How I can understand - the reason of your issue is in insufficiency of some information in the database file. I agree with you that the problem is in the difference obtaining of (missing) data between VRS и MM2.

As is known, the basestation.sqb database file consists of seven tables, but two of them are major. There are 'Flights' - a table of operational data and 'Aircraft' - a table with reference data about aircraft.

Operational flight data, that are recorded in the table Flights, both programs  performs equivalently.
The differences are in the sources of reference information for specific aircraft.

VRS can to search for some reference details on third party Internet resources that missing in database.
Modesmixer2 operates using only its own database file basestation.sqb. And you need to fill the null (empty) fields of the table by any method.

Regards,
sergsero

I_Need_help

hi Sergio, i was just wondering if there was any news on the new version ModeSDeco2 with the memory fix?
I'm currently running modesdeco2_rpi2-3_20170127 which i believe is the latest?

thanks

sergsero

Hi,

Yes, the version modesdeco2_rpi2-3_20170127.tgz is now latest.

Last time I mentioned that the current versions can "significantly use CPU resources when working with RTL dongle and high air traffic."

Do you have some problem with increasing memory utilization for modesdeco2 process on RPi3? If this was so, please specify details of the situation under which it occurs.

Regards,
sergsero

I_Need_help

No as I set up a job to reboot the RPI 3 each night at 23:59.

I will remove the job and see what happens, I added the reboot as I thought it was a known issue...

IanH

I am also experiencing out of memory errors using the version modesmixer2_x86_64_20170127.tgz on Ubuntu server as a virtual machine.

The VM has 512Mb RAM. After two days it crashes with the error:

I tried it using InConnect instead of InConnectId but same problem.

Not a big deal since I have gone back to using an older version modesmixer2_x86_64_20150825.tgz which has been running for months on a Debian server.

sergsero

Hi Ian,

I hope that your problem with modesmixer2 only because of my mistake that I didn't changed the name of the archives on new 20170218.
Although the problem of increasing memory utilization has been resolved. And  the binary files in old archives (with the name 20170127) were replaced without renaming the archives.

Now I changed names of the modesmixer2's archives in accordance with their versions (in message #3 of this forum).

Used for Ubuntu 16.04 Intel 64 bit: modesmixer2_x86_64_20170218.tgz https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7NYXizl0U6iUFdUdnVIZ3BnMlE
Probably for Debian will be used the previous version of Ubuntu 14.04 Intel 64 bit: modesmixer2_x86_64_ubuntu_14_04_20170218.tgz https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7NYXizl0U6iaWZvZEo1LVIxMk0

I would be very grateful if you find additional time to test the version 20170218 on possibility of its use without memory errors for a long time.

Regards,
sergsero

IanH

Sergsero

Thank you for that quick response. I have just started the Ubuntu 16.04 version so if you hear nothing, it is working fine. ;)  I'll report back occasionally to let you know how long it's been running ok.

Ian

sergsero

Hello,

New version of modesmixer2 v.20170506 for test.

+ fixed some bugs

+ added option --dbro <path/to/basestation.sqb> for to open a read-only database

+ added option --keep for keeping network connection to remote client when output MLAT data in BEAST FA format if the client program can drop it

+ added capability to directly connect the SBS-3 via USB port in Linux, for example: ./modesmixer2 --inSerial /dev/ttyUSB1:3000000:none for SBS-3.

When you connect the device in system creates the pair of virtual serial ports: /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1 (0 and 1 - if there are no other connected devices in the USB ports). Use the second in the pair - ttyUSB1.
The SBS-3 is most likely attached to user group dialout. Just add your user to the dialout group so you have appropriate permissions on the device:
sudo usermod -a -G dialout $USER
You may need to logout and back in for the new group to take effect.

+ added capability to display charts for altitude and speed. To look charts of altitude and speed for the aircraft click to button "Flight Graph". To keep the chart when the aircraft will leave of radar coverage, click button "Keep".

Intel Windows 7/8.1/10: modesmixer2_windows_20170506.zip https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7NYXizl0U6iSFM1eHRrVmpMU2s

Intel Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit: modesmixer2_x86_64_20170506.tgz https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7NYXizl0U6idngwOFJaLUctRWc
Intel Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit: modesmixer2_i386_20170506.tgz https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7NYXizl0U6iWFc1TWhUaFNvR1k

ARM Raspberry Pi 2/3 Debian 8 Jessie: modesmixer2_rpi2-3_20170506.tgz https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7NYXizl0U6iVGlEOEw5RUQwdkk

I would be very grateful if you find time to test the version 20170506 of modesmixer2 on possibility of it use without memory errors for a long time.

Best regards,
sergsero

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]