Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 12:29:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding

Started by sergsero, August 09, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radio2.0

>>> I looking for People who want exchange the VRS Data with me. <<<
I life near LOWW / VIE and see Ground Traffic too.

sergsero

I'm very grateful for tests and feedbacks of this version ModeSMixer2 with the WEB interface modesmixer2_windows_20150209_test_only.zip

ModeSMixer2 v.20150209 test version

+ added option "--web Port" for displaying statistics data in WEB interface, for example: --web 8888

+ added option "--db /path/to/*.sqb" for use aircraft database in Sqlite3 format, coinciding with the basestation.sqb, for example: --db C:\Tmp\basestation.sqb. If this file is in the same directory from which you'll run the program, the path can be omitted. To work with database the file sqlite3.dll should be in the same directory from which you'll run the program.

Notice! After putting command <Control-C> for stop the program, be sure to wait for save all data to the database file!
The console will display a special message about. Depending on the number of observed aircraft the time for safely save data to the database can be up to one minute.

+ added option "--frdb /path/to/*.sqb" for use flight routes database in Sqlite3 format, coinciding with the flightroute.sqb, for example: --db C:\Tmp\flightroute.sqb. If this file is in the same directory from which you'll run the program, the path can be omitted.

+ added functionality, that computes magnetic declination by WMM2015 model (Magnetic Declination is the angle on the horizontal plane between Magnetic North and True North).
For correct calculation of Magnetic Declination file wmm.cof should be in the same directory from which you'll run the program.

+ added filters, which provide error correction of display aircraft trails on map, if possible. When signal is interrupted, this segment of the trails will be shown by the dotted line.

+ fixed some bugs of CPR decoding, when there is no data about coordinates of the station.

+ improved data decoding from register BDS 6,2 (Target State and Status (TSS) of information MCP/FCU Selected Altitude or FMS Selected Altitude. Separately display FMS information from aircrafts with transponder ver.2.

+ added data decoding and displays information, if transmitted, about status: AutoPilot (AP), Vertical Navigation (VNAV), Altitude Hold (AHOLD), Approach (APPR).

+ added indication about presence of TCAS (ACAS) system and type of its output messages: advisory air traffic information (TA), or recommendations for the prevention of collision (RA).

+ getting squawk from aircrafts with transponder ver.1, for example, Boeing 788 or Boeing 748, when no selective interrogator (Mode S) in the FIR.

+ color scheme of aircraft trails was moved to color as VRS (for uniformity of perception). Added detection of touchdown point (or liftoff) on runway, which is marked by changing the color of the trajectory (from yellow to black).

With this test version of program do not use as a database *.sqb file, which is only for your primary station. Make a copy of your basestation.sqb file and use with this ModeSMixer2 only this copy.

Example of display in FIR with presence of ground selective interrogator (Mode S):

MrParanoia

Quote from: sergsero on February 06, 2015, 05:30:16 PM
I'm very grateful for tests and feedbacks of this version ModeSMixer2 with the WEB interface modesmixer2_windows_20150207_test_only.zip: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79709204/MM2/modesmixer2_windows_20150207_test_only.zip

ModeSMixer2 v.20150207 test version

+ added option "--web Port" for displaying statistics data in WEB interface, for example: --web 8888

Unfortunately not working for me, it appears as if no data is being output which is also confirmed by http://127.0.0.1:31008/table2 returning a blank page in the web browser.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

sergsero

Hi MrParanoia,

What format of output data from your source 127.0.0.1:30003? Seeing that the port is 30003, I can assume that this feed has MSG Kinetic.
Something like this: "MSG,3,0,0,424131,0,2015/02/07,02:04:51.756,2015/02/07,02:04:51.756,,34000,,,58.047847,88.485168,,,,,,0"

If this is true, then the necessary for work ModeSMixer2 and Globe-S RAW data are missing in your feed.

Therefore  on the WEB page Stats no data in the table, because you do not give program the required information. Use as input source any of RAW formats: Beast, AVR, SBS-1/3_RAW.

If you have only MSG source, then you better use VirtualRadarServer.

Thanks,
sergsero

sergsero

Example of running ModeSMixer2 on OS X 10.10 Yosemite with --web option, when use output feed from SBS-3 BaseStation.exe  RAW from port 30006:

modesmixer2_osx_20150207_test_only.tgz

sergsero

Example of running ModeSMixer2 on Raspberry Pi (Linux raspberrypi 3.12.35+ #730 PREEMPT Fri Dec 19 18:31:24 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux) with --web option and CPU utilization ~50-60% with 135 aircrafts:

Apparently in case with RPi, in further design need to put on a new Raspberry Pi 2 with 4 cores  :)

Radio2.0

But how can i send the Data out via UDP?
I will buy the new Raspbery 2 and need IDP instead of TCP.

MrParanoia

Quote from: sergsero on February 07, 2015, 02:38:37 AM
Hi MrParanoia,

What format of output data from your source 127.0.0.1:30003? Seeing that the port is 30003, I can assume that this feed has MSG Kinetic.
Something like this: "MSG,3,0,0,424131,0,2015/02/07,02:04:51.756,2015/02/07,02:04:51.756,,34000,,,58.047847,88.485168,,,,,,0"

If this is true, then the necessary for work ModeSMixer2 and Globe-S RAW data are missing in your feed.

Therefore  on the WEB page Stats no data in the table, because you do not give program the required information. Use as input source any of RAW formats: Beast, AVR, SBS-1/3_RAW.

If you have only MSG source, then you better use VirtualRadarServer.

Thanks,
sergsero

Hi Sergsero

The previous non-test version worked fine using the following in the .bat file
modesmixer2.exe --inConnect 127.0.0.1:30003 --globes 31008:table2:UUDD 
and outputs this transcoded data:

40090D:A-:TOM2KG:0:6:31:56:5772:53.484797:-1.396718:8:0:F380:38000:0:0:::1:0:0::327:::::412:::::::::0::0::0:0:0:0:0:0::::17:0:0:0:0:0:0:::::2:2:::2:2:4:::2::::::::::::1423308028:58:UUDD.

The new test version doesn't output anything, even with the web interface command not called from the batch file.

Thanks

sergsero

Hi Radio2.0,

What is your problem? If you display a list of all program options run it with one --help, among them you will found --outConnectUdp <arg>.

Use it if you need output data to send over UDP (as client) to a remote UDP server.

As argument to specify the format (only one) of output data sent (beast,avr,avrmlat,msg,sbs30006,sbs10001,fatsv), IP address of the remote UDP server and number of Port on which it listens UDP.

If you need to get such data over UDP, use the option UDP server: --inServerUdp <arg>. The <arg> is one - UDP Port.

Radio2.0

Radio2.0

2015-02-07 12:48:35.981  ERROR    unrecognised option '--outConnectUdp' :-\

sergsero

Hi MrParanoia,

Unfortunately, you didn't answer me about the data format of your source, but I'm sure that it's decoded MSG.

Above I said that in this version there is no reverse coding from MSG to RAW formats.

Thus, this test version will be to create output format of Globe-S only from input data in RAW formats: BEAST, AVR, SBS30006, SBS10001.  But will not work with MSG.

I hope that I will restore the function of reverse coding in next version.

Thanks,
sergsero

sergsero

Hi Radio2.0,

I hope we are talking now about ModeSMixer2, not ModeSDeco2?  :)

ModeSDeco2 works only with TCP protocol.

If you are interested in these programs, you can use them in a couple. ModeSDeco2 will be as SDR receiver, which outputs data by TCP protocol to ModeSMixer2. And ModeSMixer2 retransmits their to your remote server via UDP protocol.

/sergsero

MrParanoia

Quote from: sergsero on February 07, 2015, 12:15:25 PM
Hi MrParanoia,

Unfortunately, you didn't answer me about the data format of your source, but I'm sure that it's decoded MSG.

Above I said that in this version there is no reverse coding from MSG to RAW formats.

Thus, this test version will be to create output format of Globe-S only from input data in RAW formats: BEAST, AVR, SBS30006, SBS10001.  But will not work with MSG.

I hope that I will restore the function of reverse coding in next version.

Thanks,
sergsero

Hi Sergsero

Its port 30003 from Airnav Radarbox which after some investigation this past hour I believe is not true RAW data.

Back to the old version for me then  :(

Thanks

Radio2.0

QuoteIf you are interested in these programs, you can use them in a couple. ModeSDeco2 will be as SDR receiver, which outputs data by TCP protocol to ModeSMixer2. And ModeSMixer2 retransmits their to your remote server via UDP protocol.
ok i try again...