New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 02, 2020, 09:48:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5768
  • Latest: theBasi
Stats
  • Total Posts: 50646
  • Total Topics: 12208
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 77
  • (November 14, 2020, 05:18:34 PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 14
Total: 20

Latest Post

Latest File

Links & Files

Silhouettes, Profiles and Operator Logos

29th November 2020. Latest Zip file from s92driver now available.

29th November 2020. Latest BaseStation.sqb file from s92driver now available.

If you're looking for a bulk download, we have nearly 60,000 aircraft silhouettes, profiles and operator logos available in bmp file format, 85x20 pixels. You can find all the Zip files here.  

For help installing these files, there's a free Guide here

Some of the Latest Additions:

Author Topic: ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding  (Read 354996 times)

Offline evangel

hi Sergesero

new ver runs ok on my pi with modesdeco. also the web page (wifi conx -> Win 7 / Opera ).
need some help with MLAT though
when I run dump1090-mutability, I get the green figurines and labels, but not otherwise.
how can i fix this please ?

thanks

edit: it appears it generates more messages than dump1090-mutability
        ( i use planeplotter's message window to compare the rates)

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:24:29 PM by evangel »

Offline sergsero

Hi evangel,

Sorry, it is possible that I do not quite understand your question.
However, the modesmixer2 is able to automatically detect a type of data as ADS-B, Mode S and MLAT (calculated by triangulation). Accordingly, it displays labels with different colors: ADS-B blue, Mode S brown and MLAT as green.

The dump1090-mutability is a specially modified version of the original dump1090 to be used with other Flightaware's programs for proprietary MLAT from Flightaware.
Modesdeco2 directly can't work in combination with other Flightaware program and for MLAT you need to use the dump1090-mutability from Oliver Jowett.

Regards,
sergsero

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:07:03 PM by sergsero »

Offline evangel

hi Sergsero

in short  I use 2 different configurations in 2 different SD cards on pi3 :
-  conf A : decoder: dump1090-mutability , modesmixer reads 30005 beast and displays MLAT while feeding FA.
-  conf B : decoder: modesdeco, modesmixer reads 30005 beast but does NOT display MLAT while feeding FA.

and the command lines for both:

- conf A:
Code: [Select]
/xdeco/modesdeco2 --freq-correction 6 --rbs --beast 20005 --location 37.92:23.74 --filter-expire 90 --disable-web-log & 
/xdeco/modesmixer2 --web 7788 --google-key xxxxxxxxxx --inConnect 127.0.0.1:20005 --outServer beast:30004 --outServer beast:30104
 --outServer beast:30005 --outServer beast:30105 --outServer beastmlat:30204 --outServer msgmlat:41007 --outServer
avrmlat:41008 --location 37.92:23.74 --add-reference-point 37.92:23.74 --keep --filter-expire 90 --log-noconsole --log-file /xdeco/modemix4.log &

- conf B

modesmixer here gets data from mutability

/xdeco/modesmixer2 --web 7788 --google-key xxxxxxxx --inConnect 127.0.0.1:30005 --outServer beast:40005 --location 37.92:23.74 --add-reference-point
 37.92:23.74 --keep --filter-expire 90 --log-noconsole &

hope now is clear, thanks for your help

evangel

UPDATE 1

my full config is  deco / mixer in PI ----> WIFI -----> PC Win 7 modesmixer2 ---> PP, VRS etc
it seems MLAT appears now only on the modesmixer running on PC but not the RPi. ????!!!!

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:25:10 PM by evangel »

Offline sergsero

Hi Evangel,

In your setup for modesdeco2 I found the option --rbs. It's can significantly loading of computer resources. Probably this option is better not to set if you don't use Mode A/C messages, if only for Planeplotter.

Regards,
sergsero

Offline evangel

Hi Sergsero

yes i do need to display A+C and I feed Planeplotter that's why i put it, (try to get anything within my range of any kind) but I only use the RPi / dongle for ADS-B so I did not notice any memory problem or other.

any news on the MLAT please ?

best regards
evangel
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:45:08 PM by evangel »

Offline sergsero

Hi  Evangel,

Unfortunately, at the moment in my area there is no aircraft with MLAT. But I checked version for RPi with the MLAT source of my friend from Brazil, who help me with program testing by providing access to his feeds.
There are no differences in work the versions for PC and RPi.

/sergsero
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 04:09:46 PM by sergsero »

Offline evangel

Hi Sergsero

thank your reply. There is still the issue why the combination dump1090-mutabilty / modesmixer displays MLAT in modesmixer web page, while modesdeco / modesmixer do not display MLAT as you can see in the pictures (because I prefer the second combination). Please note that in both case piaware is running.
when i check with flightaware, mlat data received from the deco/mixer combo just not displayed on modesmixer web page.
Tried many combinations but cant make it work (modesmixer) without mutability running.

brgds
Evangelos

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 04:50:41 PM by evangel »

Offline MrMac

/xdeco/modesmixer2 --web 7788 --google-key xxxxxxxxxx --inConnect 127.0.0.1:20005 --outServer beast:30004 --outServer beast:30104
 --outServer beast:30005 --outServer beast:30105 --outServer beastmlat:30204 --outServer msgmlat:41007 --outServer
avrmlat:41008 --location 37.92:23.74 --add-reference-point 37.92:23.74 --keep --filter-expire 90 --log-noconsole --log-file /xdeco/modemix4.log &

You need to configure an input for the mlat-results, how else are you going to get them into modeSmixer ? You have only the raw data from the decoder.

Check the process "fa-mlat-client", you will se where it sends/makes available the results from the FA mlat server.

BR /M

Offline MrMac

Hi Sergsero,

First of all, big THANK YOU for a very useful program. I use ModeSmixer2 on a large number of remote RPi-based systems with different types of receivers, DVBT/Dump, SBS, Beast and Radarcapes. It works very well indeed!

Some of the things I have found that could be further improved;

1. In log-level 5 mode the timestamps displayed are not complete, at last not for Radarcape timestamps. Several identical are displayed which is impossible, I think the field is too short?

2. When data is discarded, for example in the "nocountry" filter, it would be good to see which hex code is discarded.

3. The Radarcape status messages are discarded as no ModeS message (or similar), but they are important and should be forwarded in the beast data stream. Without them, Piaware will not activate mlat for a Radarcape receiver. Even better, they could be decoded to give GPS position and GPS lock status etc.

4. I am missing an "inSerialID" connector. Preferably, all the input connectors should have an "ID" version, it's a great idea to see different receivers.

5. When using an inConnectID that contains one or more "-", the lines in the flights list are broken and takes double space, even with a very short ID. Try using for example --inConnectId localhost:30005:P-ESGG1-D .

Some other suggestions for new functionality;

A. Reducing the bandwidth used for remote feeding stations. This is becoming a challenge in our network, both for the remote ends with limited data on mobile broadband, limited bandwidth, and the accumulated data on the server side.

Some different approaches;

A1. Downsample filter. We use this extensively in AIS feeds. Downsample with an adjustable time t seconds. After one DFx/ICAO combination has been transmitted, the same DFx/ICAO is blocked for t seconds. With a 3s downsample, all flights update once per 3 seconds, instead of several times per second.

A2. Configurable filter for DF types.

A3. Only transmit ModeS messages( DF4,5 etc) if no ADSB (DF17) is available for each ICAO.

A4. JSON output connector compatible with VRS JSON input, with configurable update interval

Filters should be set per output connection, so that full data is available locally, but a filtered set sent over the remote connection.

I would be very interested in discussing these things further or help with dev and testing.

BR
/M

Offline evangel

MrMac

Thanks that did it !  changed --outServer beast:30104 to inServer 30104  and it worked !  ;)

best regards

Evangel

and mlat-only display in adsbscope...nice...

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:34:14 AM by evangel »

Offline sergsero

Hello MrMac,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions for further improved the project. I'll try to realize them in new versions of the program.

Best regards,
sergsero

Offline A380

Hi Sergsero,

also a custom icao24 filter would be fine to exclude, "Hex codes" from the output (example Groundstations from the Airport).

And CSV and/or Mysql logging of the sessiondata (expamle first/lastcontact, first/lst position, callsign, etc  of an aircraft).

Thanks

A380

Offline evangel

Hi Sergsero

after 24hrs running modesmixer2 the only things still working is the charts and stats.
no traffic in googlemaps and nothing in flights tab  ??? I use Opera or Vivaldi but both do
not have issues with other sites. also, the header line properly displays number of S/A/M tracked aircraft. any ideas ?
same results in the  conf file version and the May version (maybe good idea to change ver nbr
instead of all being modesmixer2 and also a traffic log).

brgds

evangel

UPDATE : it worked again briefly then map stays but nothing... see 2nd image.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:17:02 PM by evangel »

Offline Conexia

I am using ModeSMixer2 version with configuration file and it's working fine. (Google Chrome VersiĆ³n 58.0.3029.110)

At the same time that it's feeding FlightRadar24 MLAT and FlightAware MLAT I've been editing the Basestation aircraft and routes database and all is working.

Are both versions of ModeSMixer2 (with and without configuration file) going to merge in the future?

Hi, evangel

There is an updated version v.20170509, that has some improvements:

- Made improvements when working with Google map.

- Added online capabilities to enable and disable data sources.

- Added support of Waypoint and Outline data files by SBS standard. These are simple text files that add a dot to the display with a name tag or create lines.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:02:30 PM by Conexia »

Offline evangel

Hi Conexia

thanks for the info. Actually the images are from the 'cf' version
but have the same problems with the recent one. I have google API key
and I just cant explain the sudden break in display, though charts and data reception
appears normal.

as for dots a lines is interesting but tidious so far, untill a proper config file is
made (similar to PlanePlotter) where you can have different files for different data.
I say tidious coz as it is now, it means you have to embed whole lot of data in the
same BATch file.

brgds
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:09:50 PM by evangel »