Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 11:07:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding

Started by sergsero, August 09, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herrmann-s

i dont see the radius screen thats why i was asking. if it drops a cookie do you see the radius information like with modesdeco?
maybe it is a browser setting issue then which i dont know yet what cause this issue.

thebaldgeek

I also would like the --location option in modesMixer2.exe for the web data it provides (range plot in HighCharts).

I also do not see radius lines on the map in any of the three browsers I have tested on.

Radio2.0

what shuld i add and use to get the planes into VRS?
which port use it: --beast 10003 --msg 30006
thx!
>>> I looking for People who want exchange the VRS Data with me. <<<
I life near LOWW / VIE and see Ground Traffic too.

spotter.ssol

Quote from: Radio2.0 on April 04, 2015, 06:03:13 PM
what shuld i add and use to get the planes into VRS?
which port use it: --beast 10003 --msg 30006
thx!

I used --msg 30003.
--

Radio2.0

that is what not work and took a long time to fix...
So i witch to other port.
What sind the settings in the VRS?

I will compaire it to rtl1090 and dump1090 when i got the brandnew  dongle.
>>> I looking for People who want exchange the VRS Data with me. <<<
I life near LOWW / VIE and see Ground Traffic too.

sergsero

It is possible to use both formats of data for transmission in VRS. However, MSG is capable of transmitting only the basic parameters, which are transmitted by aircraft transponder.
If you are interested in viewing in VRS additional information (types of alt, speed, heading, target alt/hdg, signal level (only in beast)), you should use BEAST or AVR formats.

We can imagine it as a triple system: transmitter (aircraft transponder) - SDR receiver (modesdeco2) - Visualizer (VRS). All elements of the our system provide work with full amount of data.

If you use MSG format between MD2 and VRS, because of its limitations, it will act as a filter, which cuts off all modern types of data. Unlike the BEAST or AVR formats.

We received full Mode-S/ADS-B data and decoded their, but part of them will lost in process of network transferring to VRS.

Thanks,
sergsero

eblot

BTW, modes2mixer seems unreliable on RPi2. After a couple of second running, it crashes:

Starting program: /usr/local/bin/modesmixer2 --inSerial /dev/ttyACM0 --web 8888 --outServer msg:30003
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libthread_db.so.1".
2015-04-07 21:57:58.290  INFO     ModeSMixer2 20150323
2015-04-07 21:57:58.291  ERROR    Magnetic declinations coefficient file wmm.cof load fail
2015-04-07 21:57:58.291  INFO     InputServer added
2015-04-07 21:57:58.296  INFO     inSerial(/dev/ttyACM0) connected
2015-04-07 21:57:58.296  INFO     OutputServer added
2015-04-07 21:57:58.296  INFO     outServer(msg:30003) started
[New Thread 0x76c84460 (LWP 1875)]
[New Thread 0x76484460 (LWP 1876)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x76e651f4 in sincosl () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6
(gdb)

spotter.ssol

Quote from: eblot on April 07, 2015, 11:01:11 PM
BTW, modes2mixer seems unreliable on RPi2. After a couple of second running, it crashes:

Starting program: /usr/local/bin/modesmixer2 --inSerial /dev/ttyACM0 --web 8888 --outServer msg:30003
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libthread_db.so.1".
2015-04-07 21:57:58.290  INFO     ModeSMixer2 20150323
2015-04-07 21:57:58.291  ERROR    Magnetic declinations coefficient file wmm.cof load fail
2015-04-07 21:57:58.291  INFO     InputServer added
2015-04-07 21:57:58.296  INFO     inSerial(/dev/ttyACM0) connected
2015-04-07 21:57:58.296  INFO     OutputServer added
2015-04-07 21:57:58.296  INFO     outServer(msg:30003) started
[New Thread 0x76c84460 (LWP 1875)]
[New Thread 0x76484460 (LWP 1876)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x76e651f4 in sincosl () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6
(gdb)

I'm also running on RPi and no problems so far. But I had similar problems in the past. Those segfaults could be related to the power source. Make sure you got a good power source with at least 2A output.
--

sergsero

Hello eblot,

Additionally, I would note, looking at the example you mentioned settings: /dev/tty*:Port_Speed:Flow control. For example for Miro's microADSB: /dev/ttyACM0:115200:none.
Please use one --help option for details or reread file modesmixer2.readme in archive.

1. the option --inSerial must contain all of its components:
2. file wmm.cof must be present in the same directory from which you'll run your program (and not just to be in the same folder with it).

sergsero

commar

Quote from: sergsero on March 20, 2015, 12:27:32 PM
Hi Martin,

Unfortunately, under the terms of my employer, program code is not available. The opportunity to make a binary of modesmixer2 for your MIPS will be considered.

Thanks,
sergsero

It's too bad, I'm sorry, this is the best software that I have seen so far, when a change occurs in the conditions I am very happy. Your work is very good.

mlino

Hi!

I'm newbie using modesmixer2 and I would like some help in regard to the following question.

Does anyone who uses the --outConnectId argument can me explain how does it works and in which case is better to use it instead of using outConnect?

Thanks! :-\

sergsero

Hi mlino,

This is a special mode for the single project. This option establishes connection to a remote server by TCP protocol and outputs AVR messages with additional text information at the end of each: [:name:lat:lon:TEXT:freq].

However, the incoming server must be able to parse this additional information to use. In this project Mode S/ADS-B stations are transmitting their position, name, the oscillator frequency for MLAT and so on.

The option not used outside of this project.

Thanks,
sergsero

mlino

Quote from: sergsero on April 11, 2015, 02:42:27 PM
Hi mlino,

This is a special mode for the single project. This option establishes connection to a remote server by TCP protocol and outputs AVR messages with additional text information at the end of each: [:name:lat:lon:TEXT:freq].

However, the incoming server must be able to parse this additional information to use. In this project Mode S/ADS-B stations are transmitting their position, name, the oscillator frequency for MLAT and so on.

The option not used outside of this project.

Thanks,
sergsero

Thank you.

Seems you are the guy behind the modesmixer2, so I would like to ask if is there any limitation of the number of sources sending data to a modesmixer2 app running in a server.
I'm questioning you regarding this, because my remote stations are able to connect to my modesmixer2 server, but I couldn't see their's airplanes on the server web instance.

I mean that I can see airplanes on remote station web server instance, but even using --outConnect to my modesmixer2 server I couldn't see any of them on server web instance.

Regards,

Marcio

sergsero

Hi Marcio,

No, in the program there are no restrictions of number of input sources. The same, as number of formed output feeds.

Restrictions are determined by a computing capability of the computer and the network bandwidth.

Yours the task should work without problems. Moreover, in input section of the server you can set several separate ports or one common port. Formats the incoming data may be the same or different.
Here 192.168.64.131 is server and 192.168.64.168 and 192.168.64.170 are sources:

Thanks,
sergsero

mlino

Quote from: sergsero on April 12, 2015, 02:47:04 AM
Hi Marcio,

No, in the program there are no restrictions of number of input sources. The same, as number of formed output feeds.

Restrictions are determined by a computing capability of the computer and the network bandwidth.

Yours the task should work without problems. Moreover, in input section of the server you can set several separate ports or one common port. Formats the incoming data may be the same or different.
Here 192.168.64.131 is server and 192.168.64.168 and 192.168.64.170 are sources:

Thanks,
sergsero

@sergsero,

I'm using a linux droplet at digitalocean.com receiving input from five different sources. In just one case I couldn't get the airplanes on the server map and no matter I do I can get it working. I gonna make more tests to see what's happening.

I would like to have a styled map using Google Maps API to pretend to be a real radar screen as shown in the attached picture. It's possible to change the way map is shown?

Cheers,

Marcio

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]